Cleaning the bathroom has to be one of the worst chores to do. So, coming up with quick hacks and shortcuts helps make cleaning easier. Many people want to use toilet cleaners in the bathtub and this brings up a host of questions.
But, can you use Clorox Toilet Wand on bathtub? No, you shouldn’t use Clorox Toilet Wand to clean your tub. This is because the heads contain a blend of detergents and surfactants that should only go in the toilet. Unless you have a nicely polished porcelain bathtub, it will destroy the materials comprising the tub.
However, you can use just the wand and attach a rag or other piece of fabric to clean the tub. It’s just not advisable to use the head that contains the cleaner. Many other products are available that you can use which are suitable for the bathtub.
What Is Clorox Toilet Wand?
The disposable toilet cleaning system offered by Clorox provides an easy and convenient way to clean your toilet. There’s no need to buy a separate toilet brush because the heads are removable. You simply store the wand in the caddy that comes with the starter kit.
The components in the sponge-like cleaning heads have the capacity to kill germs, remove rust and obliterate calcium, lime scale and other tough stains. It disinfects and deodorizes, leaving your toilet bowl free from things like salmonella, staphylococcus, rhinoviruses and influenza.
What Are the Ingredients of Clorox Toilet Wand Heads?
The ingredients within a single head for Clorox Toilet Wand include:
- Alkyl Polyglucoside
- Glycolic Acid
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
- Disodium Lauryl Phenyl Ether Disulfonate
- Coconut Acid
- Colorants: Polyoxyalkylene Substituted Chromophore (Blue) and Polyoxyalkylene Substituted Chromophore (Red)
- Fragrance containing Coumarin
Why Shouldn’t You Use Clorox Toilet Wand on the Bathtub?
While it may seem like a good idea to use Clorox Toilet Wand on the bathtub, it’s not. First and foremost, It is a violation of Federal Law to use it in a manner inconsistent with what the company indicates on the label. Therefore, this is a toilet cleaner, not one for the bathtub.
Also, you could destroy the materials of your tub if it comprises something like fiberglass, ceramic, acrylic, stone resin, cast iron, copper, wood or cultured marble. The only exception would be is if your tub is 100% porcelain. Even then, you may not want to use Clorox Toilet Wand because it could strip the enamel.
Additionally, manufacturers don’t create toilet cleaners with the idea that it will come into contact with bare skin. It can cause irritation to eyes, nose, mouth and lungs as well as rashes, boils and other reactions when it touches skin. Irrespective of how well you think you might rinse it off, it simply isn’t worth the risk.
Will a Used Clorox Toilet Wand Head Be Okay for the Bathtub?
Do not use a used toilet wand head on your bathtub. It won’t clean your tub the way you want it to and you may create a health issue. This is because you likely used it in your toilet and it acts as a magnet for grime, mildew, rust and germs. You’ll just be spreading that nastiness all over your bathtub.
How Do You Attach Something Else to Clorox Toilet Wand for the Bathtub?
At the end of the actual wand, there’s a small hole where the heads attach for cleaning. If you have a pin or other cylindrical object that will fit inside, you can attach a rag, cloth, sponge or other cleaning fabric. This would be the only way you could use Clorox Toilet Wand in the bathtub effectively.
You could try to fit your cleaning cloth or sponge inside the hole itself, but there’s no guarantee it’s going to stay in place while you use it. However, you will have to use a cleaner specifically designed for the bathtub. There are tons of products on the market that work excellently while providing a safe formulation.
What Are the Best Bathtub Cleaners?
There are literally thousands of bathtub cleaners out there. But, the one that’s best for your tub will depend on what materials making up the tub, what kinds of stains you deal with on a regular basis and how much effort you want to put into cleaning. The list below indicates 10 of the most popular and beloved brands:
- RMR-86 Instant Mold and Mildew Stain Remover Spray: For quick stain removal in 15 minutes without scrubbing, RMR-86 is a dream come true. The only drawback, however, is that it isn’t good for metal. Other than that it works great and many people tend to love it.
- Wet ; Forget Weekly Shower Cleaner: Another bathtub cleaner you don’t have to scrub is the shower cleaner by Wet ; Forget. You simply spray it in your tub once a week and rinse well. Plus, you can use it on any kind of material that comprises your bathtub.
- Kaboom with Oxi-Clean Foam-Tastic: Ceramic and fiberglass tubs benefit from Kaboom with Oxi-Clean. It’s fast, effective, inexpensive and the color of the product changes once your tub is clean. So, you know it will be thorough.
- Puracy Multi-Surface Cleaner: Puracy’s Mult-Surface Cleaner packs with natural ingredients for a fresh and effective clean. However, you will have to put a little elbow grease into it. Even still, it works great on a variety of surfaces and materials.
- Lysol Power Bathroom Foamer: The Power Bathroom Foamer by Lysol is a fan favorite. It cleans, disinfects and shines while ridding your bathroom of most viruses and bacteria. You can use it on just about any surface in your bathroom. Additionally, it’s very affordable and you can find it almost anywhere.
- The Bucko Soap Scum ; Grime Cleaner: This bathroom cleaner by Bucko has a wonderfully light scent that’s commercial strength. It’s ideal for soft water systems and it can clean almost any surface. However, it is a little expensive but definitely worth it.
- Scrubbing Bubbles Bathroom Grime Fighter: Scrubbing Bubbles has been a trusted cleaning brand for several decades. This particular product will allow you to clean any surface in your bathroom, including the toilet. You shouldn’t have to scrub anything but, if you do, it will take only mere minutes because of this powerful formulation.
- CLR Brilliant Bath: If you have a stone or stone resin bathtub, CLR Brilliant Bath is best. Its ingredients are environmentally friendly and it has a wonderful scent. Plus, it can cut through hard water stains along with dirt, grime, mold and mildew.
- Bio-Clean Bathroom Cleaner: For hard water stains, Bio-Clean’s bathroom cleaner is ideal. It gets rid of any tough dirt, grime, mildew and other unsightly stains. However, it can be irritating to skin. So, you have to wear a pair of gloves before coming into contact with the formula.
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser: While a little pricey, Mr. Clean’s Magic Eraser makes cleaning the tub a cinch. You don’t need to have any additional accessories and you can use it several times before you have to throw it away. It’s nice and big, so it covers the surface of your tub quickly and effectively.